The February 11th 2023 stated meeting of Texas Lodge no. 46 Free & Accepted Masons of California was opened upon the first degree of Masonry in San Juan Bautista California, for the “transaction of business, and also for examination”.
This Lodge of Masons opened at 10:16AM with Worshipful Brother Kevin Herrick PM in the East, Worshipful Brother Richard Bartlett in the West, and Brother Reb Monaco PM in the South Other officers, members, and visitors present are recorded in the Tiler’s register.
- Noah Monterey #217
- David Toch PM 286
- Tam & his Family from Monterey #217
The Master began the meeting by recognizing masons in the following order.
- The Pledge of Allegiance was led by the Lodge Master.
- Recognized all sitting Masters Robert Robbins Carmel Lodge & All Past masters
- Recognized all Masons in their 60th year — Robert Wilson PM
- Recognized all masons in 50th + year
- Recognized all Hiram Award Recipients
- Recognized all first time visitors
READING OF THE MINUTES
- Minutes from the January stated meeting & installation were read and approved.
REPORTS OF COMMITTEES
Report of the Member Retention Committee
- It was reported by the below named committee that one brother has requested, and was granted the remittance of his dues.
- The committee: Charles Hewett (Chairman),Robert Wilson PM, Charles Baylacq, Raymond E. Hill IV PM & Secretary Loren McKechnie
- Grave Investigation Committee (A grave situation indeed)
- Explored the site, with a metal detector, did some additional detective work.
- Wives are on the committee and suggested a time capsule.
- The guide Where is my Dues Card? please was published on the website, and emailed to those Brothers in arears.
Digital Documentation Project
- Kevin Herrick PM still in the 3rd volume, challenges uploading to vault.
- 2/4/23 Texas Officers visit to Escurial Lodge #7, FAM Nevada.
- Volcano Lodge Trip
- Brethren please bring additional ideas
RECEPTION OF APPLICATIONS
- Election postponed of Mr. John Richard Phillips pending appeal approval by GL
The Lodge was presented, and approved the following audited bills:
- A hearty breakfast of Eggs, (Donated by Brother Jeff from Hollister Lodge) Bacon, pancakes and pastries was enjoyed by a large crowd. Breakfast proceeds were $293.00, (highest I have seen) the receipts and net donation are yet to be submitted, and determined.
- See online calendar here: https://lodge46.freemason.org/#events
- Brother Jim Riley’s proposal for a Square and Compass in the Lodge roof gable has been sent to the Hall Association for exploration.
- No Official Communications to report.
- Ray report on Homeless washer and dryer
- Ray Hill to obtain brass Hiram Awardees
- Dispensation for election of JW and installation of SW, JW, and organist at March Stated meeting
- Grave Investigation Committee – written report deferred due to researching the name on the apron. Verbal update: the committee repaired to the spot on Wednesday 2/ 8/2023, and was led in a moment of silence by the Chaplain who requested we reflect on our own mortality. Then upon removing the earth we discovered the remains. Diligent but careful and respectful search was made on and about the body for his identity or a key thereto, but we found nothing but this Masonic Apron with his name. A metal detector discovered no other graves in the area and found no metallic objects in the grave except the coins in his eyes.
- Treasurer’s report 2023. Accepted by motion and vote
- Trustees report was not available, as none of the 3 trustees were present nor have attended lodge recently. Master requested Secretary to issue summons to the members of the committee.
- Secretary’s report deferred to March, owing to the Grand Lodge IT glitches
- Hall Assn report provided by Charles Baylacq
- Master requested a volunteer to create a video of Texas Lodge to market it as a Destination Degree lodge. Crickets sounded in the lodge room as brothers gazed about and avoided eye contact.
- Donation proceeds of $600 from Parlour night 2/1/2023 was received
SOCIAL CALENDAR (ACCESS ONLINE)
- All Members have access to Lodge calendar on cell phone?
- Super Bowl BBQ tomorrow $25. Pass the Hat and collected $250. Given to Treasurer who returned it to Charles Baylacq to purchase food. Full accounting to be provided in March.
- 2/20 10:30 eastern Geo Wash 100 year rededication online
- OSI 2/28 in Salinas
- Report on Parlor night by Jose ; next one on Tuesday 3/1/23
- Volcano Picnic WEEKEND … discuss date. Brothers elected to schedule it on a weekend that Escurial lodge #7 can join in.
Regius Poem presented to Lodge by Master and recommended its reading. Dating from late 1300’s, it references content that convinces many that speculative masonry existed then.
Framed Texas Declaration of Independence presented to the lodge by the Master
The master then excused all EA Masons, who retired to the Parlor and precited their proficiency
*** CALLED TO SECOND DEGREE for examination
- James Calwell FC proficiency ;
- He was declared a Proficient Fellow Craft Mason my the Master
****Excuse all FC Masons
*** CALL TO THIRD DEGREE for education
- Reviewed the dramatis personae of the third degree and
- set degree practices and conferral dates, and roles.
*** Declared EA lodge called from Refreshment to labor on First degree and readmitted all members
Presented the first time visitors with a Texas Coffee Mug
SECRETARY’S ACTION ITEMS
SUMMONS TO Trustees of Texas Lodge
To meet with you and me, by Zoom, on Saturday 2/25 any time, or on wed march 1 at 6 pm, or at Sunday march 5 at 6 pm.
Get NAMES OF all HIRAM AWARDEES since 2015 (2016 and later) TO RAY for engraving. The brass plates are on the plaque:
9/17/2016. Loren Griffith PM
2017 Raymond Hill IV (pre-PM)
11/10/2018 Richard Bartlett, PM
2021 Loren McKechnie
The Lodge was closed at 11:48am, peace and harmony prevailing.
Secretary of Texas Lodge no.46 F. & A.M. of California
Worshipful Master of Texas Lodge no.46 F. & A.M. of California