he August 13th Meeting of Texas Lodge no. 46 Free & Accepted Masons of California was opened on the 13th day, 6022AL at San Juan Bautista, California, upon the 323 page of our bible. This Lodge of E.A. Masons officially opened at 10:12AM with the Worshipful Brother Raymond E. Hill IV PM in the East, Brother Kevin Herrick PM in the South, and Brother Richard Bartlett PM in the West. Other officers, members, and visitors present are recorded in the Tiler’s register.
READING OF THE MINUTES
- The minutes from the July stated meeting was read and approved, along with the minutes from the 3st Degree conferral upon Brother Charles Baylacq, July 30th. Both accepted with the addition of the magnificent proficiency of Brother Scott which occurred at the July stated meeting.
REPORTS OF COMMITTEES
- A vote was held, to approve the request for a dispensation to wear masonic regalia in a procession to remember our founder Wor. Brother Edward Ferris Story in Nevada. All approved, and the Inspector is expected to approve. The Lodge also voted to reimburse each Brother who wishes to attend the procession for our founding Brother in Nevada, the sum of $100, to defray the exorbitant travel costs due to inflation.
RECEPTION OF APPLICATIONS:
- The application for Affiliation for Brother Charles Hewitt was received by and read to the lodge, his affiliation fee being donated by Brother Jesse Rodriguez.
BILLS AND COMMUNICATIONS
- The Lodge approved the following bills:
- The Invoices pertaining to the raising of Brother Charles E. Baylacq were received, and approved.
- They consisted of $347 from Ramona Hill for Food, $176.34 from Wor. Kevin Herrick, and $150 from Brother Marshall. For a total of $673.34
- Brother Jack Swallow donated a $100 Benjamin upon hearing the bills read.
- A motion to pay our bills was made by Wor. David Dreisbach, and seconded by Worshipful Reb Monaco.
- The Masters Hat was passed around, and $413.00 was raised, in support of the raising.
- The Worshipful Master reviewed the Calendar of events for August, September and October.
- Please visit the lodge calendar on the website here: https://lodge46.freemason.org/#events
- Another raising of note is to be held for Brother Garett Wright on September the 24th in Prescott Arizona. Some brethren believe that their cable-tow can stretch across state lines for a Brother such a Garett, so please expect another announcement on this topic in the September Stated Lodge meeting.
- A donation of a beautiful book was made by Worshipful. Kevin Herrick. It offers up reprints of the New York Times newspaper covers, from the year 1851 to 2012. It is available for your perusal, in the parlor room. Best enjoyed with a snifter of scotch, and possibly a cigar. Please help yourself.
- Worshipful Brother Robert Robbins presented our newly raised Brother Charles Baylacq a gift for the occasion of his raising. With warm sentiments and emotions, a custom engraved decanter was presented, with matching crystal glasses to our Brother Charles. Many heartfelt words were exchanged, and much brotherly love was exchanged by the men of Texas Lodge, in appreciation for Chuck Wagon.
- Worshipful Brother Tony Averill spoke about how Texas Lodge was once in a sad state of affairs, and how wonderful it is to see the Lodge flourishing once again. As all things in life wax & wane, the brothers of the lodge expressed their thanks for Worshipful Tony, and Worshipful Allan Schattenburg carrying the torch for the Lodge back in 2014. We learned that Tony is the cowboy, who made the request that the lodge members could and should attire themselves as the original members of our lodge might have. A dispensation was sought for western attire, boots, black Levis miners pants and plaid shirts. It has been noted in our historic minutes, that the Texas Lodge brethren might look an odd, rough and tumble bunch, but never better ritual work was witnessed by these craftsmen.
- Worshipful Dick Meyers- a founding Masonic Posse member has passed. His memorial service will be held on August 21st at the San Jose Masonic Center, at 1:30pm
The lodge was closed at 11:47am
Secretary of Texas Lodge no.46 F. & A.M. of California
Raymond E. Hill IV
Worshipful Master of Texas Lodge no.46 F. & A.M. of California